Hotel at a Glance: Sybaris Pool Suites â€“ Northbrook
Nearly every inch of the adults-only Sybaris Pool Suites are tailored for romance and privacy. Inside Paradise Pool Suites, gentle raindrops trickle into a balmy 90-degree private pool surrounded by tropical plants. Just steps away, guests can sip wine and warm their toes before a cozy fireplace. Located less than an hour from downtown Chicago, the hotel makes for a romantic escape.
- Paradise Pool suites have a private 16-foot swimming pool with a tropical waterfall, a hot tub, a misting steam room, fireplace, and a massage chair.
- Deluxe Whirlpool suites These rooms come with fireplaces, relaxing massage chairs, and a private misting steam room.
- Romance package: This getaway includes a bottle of champagne and a dozen chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Grab a bite: Order takeout or sneak away for a romantic dinner at one of the dozens of restaurants located within minutes of the resort.
- Nearby Chicago attraction: The Museum Campusâ€”home to the Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium, and the Field Museum
Northbrook, Illinois: North Chicago Suburb near Rivers Casino and Woodfield Mall
Located about 25 miles north of downtown Chicago, the suburb of Northbrook is also less than a half hour from two other popular destinations in the area. Rivers Casino in Des Plaines features over 1,000 slot machines, as well as almost 50 table games. In addition, Rivers Casino has seven bars and restaurants, including the popular Canopy Buffet. Woodfield Mall, the nationâ€™s ninth-largest shopping center, boasts roughly 300 stores and restaurants. Woodfieldâ€™s anchor attractions include an Apple Store, Macyâ€™s, and Nordstrom. It also features fashion-forward boutiques such as Coach and Tumi.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.